Children's white This is one of the most traditional and at the same time reasonable decisions. White color creates a feeling of purity and freshness, looks good in minimalism and Scandinavian style, and most importantly its dignity - it is neutral. It is enough to change the furniture, hang posters instead of pictures and the baby’s room turns into a teenager’s room. It is enough to change the furniture again, hang paintings instead of posters and put a carpet, and now, this is already a young man’s room. The versatility of white makes it a good choice. Learn about all the nuances of finishing for any age in more detail below.
Content of this article:
Features of white color and the choice of a suitable shade
White has several special features that distinguish it from other colors:
- Neutrality. It is combined with all the colors in general, they also determine exactly how the interior will look. Mix it with pastel colors - peach, lemon, delicategreen - and get a calm harmonious room, which has to relax. Add bright colors to it - red, orange, canary, saturated blue - and get the impression of a drive, the beauty of awakening and tuning in a cheerful way.
- Reflective properties. It reflects and refracts light in such a way that the room appears lighter and larger. This is especially useful in small apartments, where only a small area could be allocated for the nursery.
- Ease. It balances other colors. In combination with it, even the most flashy or darkest shades begin to look more peaceful. Its combination with black will give severity, not gloom. His combination with scarlet will give the drive, not the nervousness.
In general, it is a very nice color that is easy to work with. The first step in this work is to choose a shade of white that fits a specific room:
- If there is little light in the room, its windows face north and there is almost no sun in it, the shade should be warm, otherwise it will seem cold and uncomfortable.
- If there is a lot of light in the room, its windows face south and there is a lot of sun in it, you can use cold shades, it will not be cold anyway.
To make sure that the shade is chosen correctly, you can paint a long paper tape in it (for example, a piece of old unnecessary wallpaper), hang it on the wall for a whole day and see how the color changes depending on the time. Then take another shade and hang the ribbon painted on it the next day.
Usually such a visual demonstration is very helpful.
It will be interesting to you:REVIEW: Wallpaper in the nursery for boys (+200 Photos): we give the child the opportunity to express themselvesreturn to menu ↑ return to menu ↑
Finishing and possible color elements
White color is capricious - it is easy to get dirty, it needs constant care. Therefore, it is better to choose practical materials for finishing, which will then be easy to handle:
- on the floor laminate or linoleum - both are easy to wash, and the one and the other does not absorb odors and liquid, is not sensitive to aggressive chemistry;
- paint or coat walls washable wallpaper - both that and the other will be easy to clean up later, even if the child decides to express himself creatively and draw on them;
- ceiling to paint or to do the tension - and that, and the other does not absorb odors, easy to clean, does not suffer from moisture and serves for a long time.
Colored elements are designed to dilute the sterility of white, make it more fun and interesting. They, in fact, set the basic tone.
They may be as follows:
- Stickers. Large, colorful, depicting flowers, birds, favorite characters. They can replace the painting and easily peel off when they get bored.
- Posters or pictures. With flowers, with abstract patterns, with musical groups and anything else. They will give liveliness and brightness and they are easy to remove.
- Color wall or two walls. Attract attention to themselves, completely change the perception of the room. Color can be not uniform, but with patterns or abstract modulations. Or it can be a painting depicting a diagram from a book.
- Colored ceiling. An interesting, non-standard solution. You can not just paint it, and put the picture - the sky, intertwining leaves, the sun, the moon, the stars and anything else.
- Chalky wallpaper or slate paint. They can have any color, and you can draw on them - a great solution for a small child’s room.
- Color carpet on the floor. Not only accent, but also give comfort. It will be nice to play, read books and even sleep.
- Colored furniture. It is also a non-standard solution, which allows, together with the change of the kit, to completely change the appearance of the room.
You can glue the wallpaper on the lower third of the walls, you can paint them with patterns, you can give them a texture, you can apply abstract bright spots and overflows.
In fact, the color elements can be absolutely any. A person who acts as a designer is limited only by his imagination.
It will be interesting to you:REVIEW: Design of a children's room with a soft sofa: How and where should I put it?return to menu ↑ return to menu ↑
How to arrange a child's room in different periods?
At different periods in the life of a child, the colored elements may be different, carry a different message, and there may be a different number of them.return to menu ↑
In the room of the baby, who still does not even go to the kindergarten, warm shades of white, diluted with pastel, soft colors are appropriate. It can be:
- pale lilac;
- soft blue.
They can stain:
- patterns on the bed;
- canopy over the cot, if any;
- carpet on the floor, without which you just can not do, because the child needs somewhere to learn to crawl, and then walk;
- patterns and pictures on the walls - they should like their parents for the time being, because the child is too small to express their opinion.
Toys can act as bright spots. A wardrobe with them can be distinguished and accentuated, or you can curtain with the curtain of the same delicate color, which is chosen in addition to the white one.
Big bright accents will be out of place.
It will be interesting to you:REVIEW: Cots from the year for boys and girls: Multifunctional designs that will be comfortable for babiesreturn to menu ↑
In a preschooler's room, when changing the headset and accents, you can take into account his opinion, turning the repair into a real game and training in decision-making skills.
Colors can be left pastel, and you can choose brighter. Be sure to select zones - one for sleeping, the other for games, and separate them with colors.
In the sleeping area:
- pastel colors that set up to relax and rest;
- canopy over the bed or curtain that separates from the rest of the room;
- cover on the bed, which can also be made in color;
- a small night light that will save a child from the fear of darkness and accent simultaneously;
- minimum of things and minimum of furniture.
In the play area:
- bright colors that tune in to fun and activity;
- locker with toys, where they are placed or laid out;
- a soft carpet on which you can sit down or lie down when you read a book, collect a puzzle, play with typewriters or build from a designer;
- pictures, paintings or posters on the walls depicting your favorite characters.
In the play area, you can make a small piece of the slate wall so that the child can draw. Or put a table on which it is convenient to sculpt and make crafts.
It is necessary to choose colors that will be combined - either they will be related, or they will be different shades of the same color (rich blue in the playing area, delicate blue in the bedroom) or will be contrasted.
It will be interesting to you:REVIEW: Modern Curtains in the nursery for boys and girls: Beautiful news (175+ Photos)return to menu ↑
In the room of the student the child’s opinion is also important to consider. What kind of walls does he want to see, what carpet, what books? You can leave the sleeping and playing area unchanged, adding to them a working area.
- quiet colors that help focus: green, blue, brown, delicate yellow;
- a table at which it is convenient to sit and write, a chair that can be easily adjusted according to the height of the child;
- a lamp that is placed on the left hand, so as not to spoil the handwriting and eyes;
- shelves on which textbooks will stand, notebooks lie, school awards stand, if they will.
Be sure to include something that relates to the hobby of the child. Drawings of cars on the walls, for example, or a telescope at the window. Try to make everything fit together and so that even in a state of chaos the room does not look repulsive.
It will be interesting to you:REVIEW: What should be Children's room (310+ Photos): Choosing wallpaper, floor, ceiling, cotreturn to menu ↑
When the child becomes not even a teenager, but a young man, you can let him decorate the room to your taste, remove the playing area, take pictures from the walls, throw away, distribute or save the toys.
But no one will stop parents from participating and giving some advice.
Must be in the room:
- Sleeping area with calm relaxing colors, bed and night lamp.
- The working area, with a table, a chair, colors and things that help work in the work.
Walls can be decorated with posters, paintings, patterns. Replace pictures with your favorite groups with photos of the family or places the child wants to visit. Carpet to buy a new one or just throw away the old one, arrange a place to rest with an armchair and a cozy lamp.
It will be interesting to you:REVIEW: Quality bedding in the crib for newborns - The key to healthy baby sleep
VIDEO: Modern ideas for a child's room
We update the interior in the nursery
White rooms for girls
No matter how old a child is, against the background of white decoration you can create a personal paradise for him that will meet his needs and interests. The main thing is to show flexibility, to change the elements when the child is ready for this, and not according to the schedule, to allow him to participate in the process.
And do not forget that although any colors are combined with white, they should also be combined with each other.return to menu ↑ return to menu ↑
PHOTO GALLERY (more than 140 photos)
Many are afraid of white in the children's room, considering it to be a brand. But in reality, on a dark background, everything is more and more visible. With this color a lot of tandems can be created, which will turn the children's room into a real world of colors and positive. After reviewing the information, please leave your comments with arguments in the comments. They will be useful to other readers. Your opinion is very important to us. Thank you for your participation. We appreciate your every review and your time.
- Bright design.
- Visually expands the room.
- You can do a lot of tandems.
- Suitable for all ages.
- Universal color.
- More attention to care.