Everyone wants, to come to the house, enjoy a pleasant cozy atmosphere. In any room a person should feel comfortable. Therefore, we must try to create a suitable environment for each of them. Not everyone uses dark tones for this purpose. But it is they who are able to embody an interesting interior with hints of luxury and aristocracy. If you choose the right colors for the walls, floor, ceiling, as well as all the furniture, textiles and basic colors, then the result will be an interesting, and most importantly an unusual interior. All colors should be in harmony with each other, emphasizing a non-standard approach to the design of the room. Therefore, you need to know in advance how to choose the optimal shade of a dark palette? What tones does it combine with, and also, which styles is it suitable for? These and many other tricks will be discussed in this article.
Content of this article:
Should I choose a dark interior?
Usually, people tend to decorate an apartment in brighter or neutral shades. This visually expands the space, making the atmosphere more pleasant and cozy. But with the help of dark tones you can add an interior of refinement. Any room in this design looks stylish and interesting. The main thing is to be able to combine the finishing and all the objects present in the room.
Due to this, the room looks spacious and harmonious. The whole atmosphere is imbued with the spirit of luxury and aristocracy. Dark interiors are found in the homes of creative people. They love to decorate the house with antique items or rare works of art.return to menu ↑ return to menu ↑
Dark interiors are made not only in black shades, which most people consider too gloomy for a dwelling.
The following colors are popular in the design of the apartment:
- lead gray;
- dark steel;
- wet asphalt;
Colors are used to decorate walls or highlight bright accents in a room.
When performing dark interiors you need to take into account some features. They will create a comfortable atmosphere in the room, regardless of its intended purpose.
If you need to dilute the interior in order to get away from the gloom and monotony, designers recommend using a embossed accent. It can be white or colored. The role of bright accents can perform the following items:
- one armchair, made in a bright color;
- creative mat in front of the door;
- vintage frame for pictures;
- unusual figurine or set of writing materials.
The combination of several objects of this type in a dark interior looks impressive. The main thing that they are in harmony with the environment, as well as combined with each other.
Dark interior in different rooms
One of the basic rules that must be followed when decorating a room in dark shades is to make it stylish but gloomy. To do this, it is recommended to adhere to the following proportion: use 2 light on 2 parts of the dark. The classic interior design is darker furniture and the floor, against the background of a light ceiling and the main shades. The walls in this case are allowed to do neutral shades.return to menu ↑
If you choose the right shade to design the main and additional elements of the room, then the result will be a cozy atmosphere. Placing accents on some objects, you can achieve an intimate or mysterious atmosphere that is not found in ordinary interiors.
Well-chosen lighting or combinations of black with other shades will help to solve this problem. Among them:
Each of these colors will add elegance to the living room, which will distract the attention of guests from the small room.
To achieve a cozy atmosphere in the living room, it is recommended to follow a few simple rules for decorating the living room in dark colors.
- For a large room, black is used as the main tone. His many present in the decoration of the walls. The main thing in advance is to think over the furniture, textiles and main accents of the room in order to avoid gloom.
- In small living rooms, black shades appear only as bright spots and accents. This fills the room with charm, creating interesting contrasts in it.
- If the living room faces south, then you can safely use rich dark shades to design the walls. Due to this, the room will never be boring and dull.
- The introduction of bright elements is allowed in any dark interior. Designers recommend using a contrasting palette for this.
- Light blotches look just amazing on a black background, creating a unique atmosphere.
It will be interesting to you:REVIEW: Color of the sky and the sea: 215+ Photo Exclusive design. The choice of combinations of blue in the interiorreturn to menu ↑
The main task of the room is to create a pleasant atmosphere for a good sleep and rest. Therefore, many do not even think about how to arrange it in a dark palette.
Bedroom furniture does not necessarily have to choose black colors. It is appropriate to use shades:
- dark brown;
It will be interesting to you:REVIEW: Brown kitchen in the interior (120 + Photo) - Successful combinations for Smart ideasreturn to menu ↑
A room filled with lots of dark colors becomes luxurious and elegant. Black tone, which is present in the bathroom, combined with almost all colors.
The main thing is not to overdo it with dark colors, so that the room as a result does not become too gloomy. When designing it, you should adhere to the following tips from designers:
- You can not use only 1 black color. It is best suited for the bathroom to use the classic contrasting combination of black and white color schemes.
Be sure to use some bright accents. It can be:
- laundry basket;
- designer stuff.
2. Looks interesting furniture, for the design of which used a combination of black bottom and light top.
3. The floor is allowed to lay tiles of light and dark shades in a checkerboard pattern.
To create an additional effect of luxury and wealth, you can use a black mirror tiles. Before you choose it, you need to understand that such a finish requires special care. On it will be clearly visible droplets of water after taking a shower. Therefore, to clean this room should be much more often and especially carefully.return to menu ↑
Using black in the kitchen is a practical and interesting solution when decorating an apartment.The decoration looks stylish, which will definitely make a proper impression on all guests. To achieve this effect, you need to listen to some design advice.
- For table tops, Household appliances and kitchen fronts are best suited for glossy surfaces.
- Each functional area of the room must be properly illuminated to prevent the feeling of gloom.
- Use in the design of the kitchen a contrasting black color.
- It is best to make a floor:
Do not forget that the entrance hall, which receives the most light due to the lack of windows.return to menu ↑
Designers very often began to make out a toilet in black tones. The advantages of this decor are undeniable.return to menu ↑
VIDEO: Very beautiful interiors in dark colors.
Interior in dark colors
We update the design
An apartment decorated in dark colors will always look expensive and stylish. The decor will help convey notes of luxury and aristocracy. The main thing is to be able to properly combine the black color of the finish, furniture or textiles with other shades that are present in the rooms.
To the interior of the apartment, made in a dark palette, looked organically, it is recommended to think through the whole situation of the room. This will help create harmony in the house.return to menu ↑ return to menu ↑
PHOTO GALLERY (more than 235 photos)
Dark or cozy? You decide. Do not rush to fill with dark elements of decor and accessories. After all, they are able to make the touch that will make the interior truly rich and stylish. After reviewing the information, please leave your comments with arguments in the comments. They will be useful to other readers. Your opinion is very important to us. Thank you for your participation. We appreciate your every review and your time.
- Creating an atmosphere of refined nobility in the room.
- The uniqueness of the situation, which will always look spectacular and stylish.
- The present guests have a feeling of an expensive interior. They seem to plunge into the luxurious aristocratic quarters.
- If the shades are wrong to combine with each other, then you get too dull and gloomy atmosphere.
- Dark tones are not practical. Color requires more attention and frequent care.
- Cannot be used in rooms with a small area.