I am ready to share with you my observations and the subtleties and nuances of the process of organizing space in a one-room apartment, which I personally noticed.
First of all, attention should be paid to the functionality, then the list goes comfort and style. All this and forms the basis for the design of the apartment.
Even the most compact "odnushka" can become a multifunctional housing, if properly approach the organization of space. There were difficulties - contact the designer. Do not save at this stage, because in the created situation you will live for one year, and the atmosphere of the apartment directly affects the performance and human health.
We start with a plan
In the process of drawing up a plan for a one-room apartment, it is recommended to take into account all the requests and wishes shown to the space.
The easiest way to make an apartment physically more spacious is to remove the partition walls between the auxiliary and main rooms. As a rule, in one-room apartments, the unification of the main room with the kitchen is welcome. If this option suits you, move on.
Then proceed to the allocation of zones: kitchen and residential. For this purpose, various designs of the ceiling and floor are used. In certain areas there may be different levels, contrasting colors or coating materials. When working with the main zone, further division of space is required.
Select the area for rest, work. This helps the use of simple partitions. They can be stained glass, fabric, wood. The purpose of such partitions is more symbolic than functional.
In a one-room apartment there is no place for bulky closets. It is necessary to get rid of them. Taking into account the design project, it is worth ordering furniture with compact dimensions and maximum functionality.return to menu ↑
Learn more about zoning techniques.
You can zone a room, the space of a one-room apartment, using one or several techniques:
- various partitions, arched openings. I really like screens - one of the classic methods of space zoning;
- the construction of the podium allows you to select the desired zone. It can perform the function of additional storage space or hide the exit bed on wheels, which is very popular today;
- long shelves, cabinets, shelves with open shelves, bar, sofa - visually look like partitions, if they are placed correctly;
- sliding doors also have the right to be. They create a solid canvas, delimiting space, for example, a sleep zone from the working area;
- finishing materials different in color and texture;
- the curtains that hide the shelves or dressing room behind them are widely used to create the impression of isolation;
- multi-level ceilings corresponding to a particular zone;
- Lighting is one of my favorite topics. Using various sources of illumination, you can achieve an impressive effect on the issue of the division of space. It is possible to use floor lamps, wall lamps or spotlights.
The magic of colors
A huge role in the design of the apartment is played by colors. Light visually make the room wider, bright - narrow it. The interior of a one-room apartment cannot be overloaded with a play of colors.
The presence of light transmitting surfaces, decorative accessories, mirrors looks perfect in a one-room apartment. Of course, the choice of color depends primarily on preferences, but for a one-room apartment, calm, warm colors are always advantageous.
Part of the room can be painted in a different color, while respecting the rules of integrity and unity. Choosing a shade is a huge topic for discussion. Going into this or that room, we get impressions, it is from the selected colors, because the color affects the sensations and perceptions.
The color scheme is a solid foundation that builds all the space. That is why choosing one or another color, I place a number of requirements on it. I stop on the one that meets the following criteria:
- improves mood;
- creates feelings of security, tranquility and serenity;
- reminds of pleasant and joyful events;
- fills with energy;
- strengthens morale;
- helps relax;
- works on the side of space without eating it.
Light color, strip, simplicity of textures - ideal for a one-room apartment. Here you can use various finishes, materials and furniture.return to menu ↑
How to visually expand the space
There are several tricks to visually expand the space:
- glossy suspended ceilings or ceilings with a complex structure;
- pastel and light shades in the interior, while the tone of the ceiling should be lighter than the shade of the wallpaper;
- the presence of mirrors, mirror surfaces;
- small-sized furniture;
- furniture made of transparent materials;
- the same floor covering for the whole apartment;
- stripes are a well-known and popular technique. If you lay the floor perpendicular to the long wall and add striped wallpaper to the short wall, there will be a noticeable effect of expanding the space;
- color contrast. Expanding the room allows the use of finishing materials in a contrasting color. For example, for a long wall used wallpaper with an unobtrusive pattern of neutral shades, on the end - more bright and warm colors;
- glossy wallpapers visually increase the area as they reflect light;
- hanging furniture. It turns out that our eye takes the floor area for the area of the whole apartment. If the furniture is lifted slightly above it, an illusion of free space arises;
- glossy furniture facades that add glare to the space;
- lighting.Light should fall on long walls. The simpler the chandelier, the better. Wall sconces, floor lamps, as well as a combination at different levels add room to the room.
Modest in size apartment with a large amount of light becomes much more comfortable and visually more voluminous. One lamp is not enough. You will need to purchase additional lamps and place them in different zones, illuminate the furniture with them and delimit the space. Remember that bright light quickly tires.return to menu ↑
We equip ancillary facilities
A full-fledged design of a one-room apartment is impossible without a carefully crafted design of ancillary facilities. Kitchen, bathroom and toilet - the rational use of the area of these rooms and a change in their design allow to increase the visual space in the apartment. Let's start in order:
- kitchen. Everything necessary for cooking and eating should be located in this zone. Save space will help wall cabinets, compact bedside tables and sideboards. The table is best to choose round;
- bathroom and toilet. The combination of a bathroom and a bathroom gives an excellent aesthetic result. Replacing the bathroom with a shower also frees up square meters;
- Installing glass and transparent doors is a great way to expand the space. Such doors can be safely installed even in the auxiliary room. It is enough to place blinds on them that can be closed at the right time.
At the planning stage, it is worth paying close attention to the location of the outlets. In the kitchen area is especially important. Competently planned arrangement of electrical devices will ensure convenience of cooking. Consider the location of the outlet for the washing machine, a place where you will be comfortable using a hairdryer.return to menu ↑
Placing furniture in a one-room apartment
Arrangement of furniture should be comfortable, in this space you relax, sleep, work, eat. This is me not the best place for a big bed, as well as bulky closets. What can be used:
- instead of a bed is a sofa bed. During the day, she will transform the room into the living room, and at night turn into a full-fledged sleeping place. As a rule, these pieces of furniture have bulky storage boxes, which will also save space;
- built-in wardrobes - another option. Quite often, modern models are complemented by a mirrored door, which further expands a small space. Sophisticated design with a variety of shelving, hinged shelves make the wardrobe truly indispensable in a small room;
- functional table. It is difficult to place coffee, writing, kitchen, computer tables in one-room apartment at the same time. You can use the option-transformer, which is easily installed at a different height, size. Add to it a few folding chairs that can be easily hidden when not needed.
What style to choose
The most popular interior styles of a one-room apartment are the following solutions:
- the classic is the preservation of traditions, ideal for preservatives. It is based on the correct proportions, simplicity, naturalness. Wallpapers, as a rule, are made in warm colors, and the floor using parquet;
- minimalism - different in right angles and simple shapes. The interior is not present anything extra.Quite often used raw materials: wood, concrete, brick. The color scheme may consist of contrasts.
- French style - combining space is a feature of this direction. Zoning occurs with the help of screens, racks and aquariums. Used functional furniture, occupying a minimum of space;
- avant-garde - interior solutions that combine incongruous. Bright colors and various forms, contrasts, original furniture - all this can be chosen by people who are not afraid of experiments;
- high-tech - the greatness of bright colors, the absence of a large number of decor, the predominance of complex textured surfaces in combination with minimalism;
- Modern - the principle of creating a single harmonious environment in which each element complements each other.
Conclusion: Top 10 Tips
So let's summarize. To plan a design in a one-room apartment, you need to consider 10 components of success:
- Nothing superfluous - complete clutter, an abundance of things, a large number of decor create a feeling of constriction in the apartment. There should be only the most important items.
- Minimalism is the best solution. The laconism of the facades, the use of light colors, strict lines - all this will not overload the apartment with excess, keep the feeling of freedom.
- And maybe the podium for the bed? Such a structure is made to order, is a reliable and very convenient system. On the podium itself, you can place a play area for a child or create a recreation area.
- Furniture-transformer is an alternative for apartments modest in space. It can be a chair-bed, a sofa-couch, a sliding table, folding chairs.
- Open shelves visually increase the space. Minus - they are not suitable for storing household items, but are lightweight and mobile structures.
- Partitioning zoning is the best way to divide space.
- Furniture, placed indoors, rather than along the wall, makes the room more voluminous.
- Loggia, balcony - a reason to think about the union.
- Optimal colors create a balanced atmosphere.
- Proper lighting, reliable electrical wiring will provide all residential areas with quality light.
Creating the layout of a one-room apartment, remember that this is not the easiest task. So that it is functional, comfortable, beautiful, harmonious, you have to spend a lot of time, maybe, turn to a professional designer.
How to plan a comfortable and cozy apartment